Monday, August 19, 2013

Congrats!

Whew, what a hectic few weeks it has been! I have been swamped with play dates for the girls, family outings, visiting with friends, enjoying the nice weather at local events and just really enjoy the summer. I have to admit I am a bit saddened that school is around the corner because that means Fall is right behind it and while I LOVE the fall season, I have a love hate relationship with its friend Mr. Winter. I love to hate winter! But I digress, I bring this up because I hope to be able to get more creative work done with the routine that comes with the school year. It also means that I only have one munchkin home instead of 3 and she loves craft time as much as I do. 

Now that is not to say that I have not had any fun/scrappy time. I did get some time in my scrap room today to create my next design for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. I do not have a lot of masculine card designs and this Pro Player paper just screams masculine to me. 



Here is the card:


 And here is the sketch:


I did switch it up a bit and moved things around to work for what I had going on. But that is the joy of sketches, you can do that, they are a great starting point. 

Products used:

Paper:
- Pro Player
- Cardstock: Outdoor Denim and Ruby

Ink:
- Outdoor Denim

Stamp:
- D1400 Celebrate

Non Close to My Heart:
- Spellbinders S4-368 - Hexagons

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

4 comments :

Michelle Stewart said...

The ProPlayer paper is great for those masculine cards. I love how you added more depth by adding more layers.

Unknown said...

I love the dimension you've created. The patterns and colors are perfectly manly! Awesome take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

As usual, someone takes a paper I am not fussy about and shows me how great it can be. Thanks for the inspiration !!!

Michelle said...

Love this paper pack! I used it too :) great masculine card!