Monday, November 25, 2013

AHSC #31 - What a Thrill

Winter is settling here in Canada and I am longing for the warm summer days soaking up the sun at the cottage and playing in the water. I know I should really be working on my Christmas / Holiday cards but I am just so NOT feeling it this year...at least not yet!

Since I am not feeling he holiday spirit yet, I had to come up with something a bit different for this weeks Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge card. I love the design and can think of endless possibilities of holiday cards to create with the design below just not yet so I altered it a bit. 

I got a distressed look on the surfboard that has the sentiment on it by swiping it across the ink pad instead of dabbing it. 




Products used:

Paper:
- Footloose
- White Daisy card stock

Stamps:
- C1538 Surf's Up
- D1425 Thrill Ride

Ink:
- Creme Brûlée
- Cocoa

Ribbon
- Offray White Satin

If you would like to see what other wonderful artwork was created using the above sketch, check out the challenge site here!

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

3 comments :

Michelle said...

OMG!! I love this card!! I had a hard time with the sketch :) wanted to copy your idea for the background.....think I still will on another card!!!

Darla said...

Fantastic job. Great colour choices!

Michelle Stewart said...

Great job, love that you went with a beachy theme.