Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Happy Father's Day - AHSC #54

This week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge we have a very different and unique sketch for you and let me tell you it kind of rocked all of the design team when we saw it but we all agreed to step up to the challenge and out of our comfort zone! I spent quite some time thinking about this one and there are really so many ways you can go with it:

  • Layouts - a layout with a picture on it...challenge done!
  • Cards - any card with kids to colour or even animals. 
  • Cards - put a picture of someone on your card (my initial thought a picture of my MIL and my girls for her Mother's Day Card)
That was just a few ways you could go with this sketch! I chose to be a bit different, I still have people on my sketch but I went with a Father's day card. I used the Artbooking cartridge to cut out the cute couple (representing me and my hubby) and then I cut it out again 3 more times in a smaller size. I surgically removed the men from the couple and added dresses to the girls (3 girls representing our daughters) and blinded them out with some pearls. I used an old tool that has not seen much action lately, my edge distressed. I saw it sitting in my distressing case while I was digging around waiting for the Cricut to finish its work and thought, lets give this bad boy a go and whoola! I used the Holdiay Tags set for the Happy Fathers day and stamped it in Pacifica ink. The paper pack is our retired Dakota (again, using up my scraps stash!)

While I may not be 100% in line with the sketch, that is the awesome thing, you can interpret it how you want...I saw people and added my family, my wonderful family of 5! My poor hubby, as you can see there are a lot of dresses and only one male in this...even our dog (not shown) is female....poor guy in oh about 6 years or so when we hit the tweens and teens



Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

1 comment :

Michelle Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.