Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Love is spoken here! - AHSC #68

It is time for another awesome sketch from the team at AHSC - Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

I decided to try a new technique that I have been seeing around the web using painters tape. It was super easy to do. I will outline the steps:
  • First you want to choose your colour or colours. In this one I used Cotton Candy, Juniper and Slate. 
  • Get your painters tape out and cut it. Depending on your project you do not have to measure it but I did, I wanted to make sure the ink stayed within the circle.
  • Take your tape and ink the sticky side up directly on the ink pad.
  • Adhere to your project in the desired location.
  • Repeat with additional colours. 
  • Once all the colour layers are down put a scrap paper over top and rub down or burnish it to make sure the colour transfers.
  • Gently remove tape.
  • Embellish as desired. 



Products used:

Paper:
- Lollydoodle (retired)
- White Daisy card stock

Stamp:
- D1306 Treasure Life (retired)

Ink:
- Cotton Candy
- Juniper
- Slate

Misc.: (non CTMH)
- Offray White woven ribbon
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles
- Scotch Painters Tape - Blue

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my art work. If you have any questions or need any help with this technique, just let me know, I am always happy to help out!

Brandi

5 comments :

Michelle Stewart said...

Love the colours you chose for this card. Now you have enabled me to run out and grab a roll of painters tape.....I love how this came together....great job.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great job with this technique Brandi. Love the colors and the image.
Cindy

Lauren Moore said...

What a great technique, I will have to try this.

Shari M said...

Love it Brandi. Definite must try here.

Kristen Torres said...

Very pretty. So creative! I learn something new every week! :-)