Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Today is a good day - AHSC 67

Today is a good day, not great but good. I say this because I did not get any scrappy time today. No scrappy time makes for a grumpy mommy! 

In all seriousness, it is a great day, I have a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful girls, an adorable dog and we all have our health. Not everyone is so lucky. I made this card to have on hand for when a friend is in need of a pick me up, a reminder that while it may be a tough time, it is a good day!

One design element to note, I did not have any blue flowers so I took one of the white ones and sponged it with the Heavenly Blue ink to get it to the colour I needed!



Products used:

Paper:
- Topstitch
- Chocolate, Colonial White and Heavenly Blue

Ink:
- Chocolate

Stamp:
- D1555 All the Details

Misc. 
- Buttons (unknown manufacturer)
- Flowers - Prima Flowers
- Embossing folder - Quickutz A2 Embossing Folder - Polka Dots

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

6 comments :

Michelle Stewart said...

Fabulous card, I love how we are able to adapt a lot of products so they work for us. Really like your colour pallet. Great work.

Unknown said...

I love the color palette on this! Just beautiful!

Michelle said...

I loved that paper pack and the flowers are beautiful. A perfect card for a pick me up!

Unknown said...

This is a stunning card - love it!

Jessica K said...

I love how you turned the direction of the card. Great job!

Lauren said...

Gorgeous- and I love the embossed background!