Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pick o' the patch - AHSC #72

Today I bring to you a fun little Fall themed card. There was a chill in the air when I was making this card last night and it feeling very fall like so I was gravitating towards my fall themed products. Today we are back to a nice warm day!

This card came together so quickly it quite frankly stunned me. I wanted to work with my Timberline paper with the wood grain (I love this paper!) and I had every intention of using one of my all time favourite stamp sets called Always Grateful and do a nature themed project with fall colours and all that pretty stuff but that did not happen. As I was looking for the Always Grateful stamp set I came across this stamp set, it was a former stamp of the month and this little scarecrow just screamed at me to create with him...so I did. 

I stamped him in Cocoa ink and coloured him in using CTMH's Watercolour pencils and water blending pen. It was a super easy and quick card to make and I had a lot of fun making it. 





Products:

Paper:
- Timberline (retired)
- card stock: Chocolate and Bamboo

Ink:
- Cocoa
- Autumn Terracotta

Stamp Set:
- Fall favourites (retired Stamp of the month)

Misc:
- Water colouring pencils
- Water Blending pen
- Neutral Metallic Bakers Twine
- Pop dots (not CTMH)

To see more great artwork check out what the rest of the design team has put together for this great sketch over at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day and make sue to do something creative if you can!
Brandi



5 comments :

Michelle Stewart said...

Love, love, love it.....I was thinking about pulling him out to make a few themed cards.....think I might just do that today.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa Mensing said...

Love the DP you used with the image. It's perfect together. Very pretty card.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that scarecrow is just so cute. I love how you colored him.

Jasmina said...

Really pretty card. Love the soft colors you used.

Unknown said...

Lovely! I love the whole "scene" of your card - everything ties together so seamlessly.