Monday, January 07, 2019

Love....H2H Important Things

Christmas is usually a time of year that brings out the jolliest, happiest and most loving memories in families and for our family this is especially true this Christmas. Since the Fall of 2011 my husband and I have been fostering with the hope of adopting three beautiful little girls, our intent from day one was to adopt and in working with our local children's agencies we were placed with 3 beautiful little girls, all sisters who needed a stable and loving home. How does Christmas tie into this you ask? Well, on December 21st our prayers were answered, we received a Christmas Miracle and the adoption of our little girls, now young ladies was finalized and we are now and forever a family! The road was long, silly, hard, emotional, crazy, exhausting, wacky, and wonderful all at the same time and one I would willing start all over again if it meant I got to call these girls my daughters. 

I made this card, the first of many...to thank our friends, family and loved ones for supporting us on this journey. As I said, it was not always easy but we were never alone in this process. 



Products Used:

Paper:
- Something Fierce
- Ballerina, Mink, and White Daisy

Ribbon:
- Z4145 Light Grey

Embellishments:
- Beautiful Friendship Bows (retired)
- Enamel Gems Grey (retired)

Stamp:
- A1098 Adoption (retired - I have been holding onto this one and hoping for a long time!)

Ink:
- Pewter

Thin Cuts:
- Border Thin Cuts
- Stitched Ovals
- Ovals

And here we are....a forever family!



Thanks for stopping by, until next time...happy crafting!
Brandi

2 comments :

lichazul said...

lovely and very delicate card, Brandi
congrats!! :)
have a great day

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Brandi! You commented on my blog for my AH sketch leaving your blog link and here I am. And, the tears are flowing! HOW WONDERFUL for you, your hubby and your new daughters! I am so happy for you. I've subscribed via email so I can continue to read about your parenting adventures! I've been one for 30 years and you are in for the time of your life! <3 xoxoxo, Aimeslee @ https://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com .