Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day Cards


Valentines Day has come and gone and I am so happy! I am not a huge fan of Valentines Day and I never have been, except as a kid when we would have class parties and get and give Valentines to all of our friends. Now as an adult, I am just not that into it. I personally do not see all the hype and rush to buy flowers and presents and go out to dinner to show my husband I love him or that he loves me. I love that we surprise each other throughout the year with little treats and trips and get aways, that to me is more the meaning of love, the surprises and just because, not because we are guilted into being romantic on a certain day every year. But this is just my opinion...don't shoot the messanger here.

Ok, so why make a post about Valentines Day if I am not a huge fan of it? While I am not a huge fan of planned romance, I do love scrapbooking and card making and Valentines day allows me to make cards for those I care about. Here are some of the cards I made for the little ones nearest and dearest to me.



"You bowl me over" was for Patrick, who celebrated his 4th birthday with a bowling party on Valentines day.

Your out of this world card was made for my nephew Daniel. The inside of the card had the "Your out of this world" portion.


One Hip Chick was made for Regan; she is the daughter of our friends Roger & Sherri-Lynn.



No Lion, you're the best was made for my nephew Jake.

No comments :