Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Treat Boxes

It is Halloween time and time to start working on those Halloween treats for the little ones. This year I have 2 little ones with Halloween parties at school so I was looking for something quick and easy to throw together for them so I thought of sour cream tubes. They are super quick and easy and lots of fun for the kids. 

I decided that I did not like any of the papers out there that I found and wanted something fun and whimsical for younger kids so I used Close to my Hearts Spook Alley stamp set and started random stamping. I used various Copic Markers to colour it in and my Liquid Glass to seal them. 


Here is the paper before I began cutting it all up to make the sour cream tubes. 


Once you have your paper ready, all you need to do is cut it in half so that you have two strips that are 6 X 12. Then take each of those and cut them into 
4 X 6 rectangles. You will be able to get 6 sour cream tubes for each 12 X 12 sheet of paper. 


Next you want to make a tube, you will need a strong adhesive to hold it. I used Liquid Glass. Once you have your circular tube you will flatten each end of the tube and seal it (again with a strong adhesive). Make sure you alternate the ends to get the sour cream tube effect. You will notice that one end of mine does not appear to be sealed and that is because it is not, I have not put the goodies into it yet!

If you have a crimper, you can crimp the ends to give it more dimension and the appearance of a true sour cream tube. 

Products used:

Cardstock:
- White Daisy

Stamp Set:
- Spook Ally

Ink:
Memento Black

Copics:
- YR04
- RV93
- Y15
- V06
- B24
- BG10
- E23
- R59
- G05
- BV29

Adhesive:
Liquid Glass

* All products are Close to my Heart except the Memento Ink and the Copic Markers. 

I really hope you enjoy these cute little treat boxes!

Have a wonderful Halloween with your little ghosts and ghouls!
Brandi

No comments :