Tuesday, January 07, 2014

AHSC # 37 - Halloween 2012

Well my goal of getting everything from 2012 scrapbooked before 2014 started did not quite happen, but I am not that far off, really only 4 or 5 more layouts and then I can start 2013 and hopefully get into 2014 while we are still in 2014. As a result, I am really focusing on different sketch challenge sites that allow me to do layouts instead of cards. I love making cards but at this point I have an over abundance and I need to get some layouts done so that is my goal. Following that goal, I decided do a layout with this weeks sketch from the AHSC. We are on Sketch #37 over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and I really liked this one as I felt it would be an easy one to use as a layout and even better a double page spread. 

Here is my layout:





Here is the Sketch:
As you can see, I did not use as sharp of an angle on the strip that goes from corner to corner so that I could stretch it across both pages. I did do some double matting and I also added some embellishments to dress up my page a bit. 

I am really enjoying using the sketches to get caught up with my scrapbooking but have no fear, I need to work on some cards too for my upcoming card classes. 

Products used:

Paper:
- Moonlight (retired CTMH)
- Black, Sunset, Smokey Plum, and Grey card stock

Stamp Set:
- B1359 Fright Night

Ink:
- Sunset

Other:
- Cricut Artbooking cartridge
- Liquorice Opaques 

Thanks for stopping by and click here to see other amazing designs and creations using this sketch and why not join us an play along? It is fun, I promise and it will help you get some work done too!

Have a crafty day!
Brandi

1 comment :

Michelle Stewart said...

Great plan to try to get 2014 done as it goes by, I'm still trying to get caught up on my kids albums, as for Jaymee I had to go back to 2004, since I only have been scrapbooking for 3 1/2 years now....but I'm getting caught up. Great use of the sketch to get a double layout done, you've inspired me.