Monday, March 24, 2014

Cottage…err Country Flair

This weeks challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is Country Flair….hmmm Country Flair? I am a city a girl and while I would love to live out in the country in the wide open spaces like the Dixie Chicks sign about, I don't. I do not have anything country or event country - ish. So I went to our closest thing we have that that is Cottage Life. If and when the snow ever melts here in Ontario, Canada it will be the start of the 2nd most wonderful time of the year…Cottage season. We have so much winter up here that the little bit of spring and summer we get we have to take full advantage of and we do, up in Cottage country!

I was at a crop yesterday and I knew I had a project due for the Heart 2 Heart Challenges and I had been playing with the new Close to my Heart Timberline papers and as the crop was drawing to a close I started to think about what to do for this challenge and I glanced down at the scraps and some of my left over Timberline Complements I saw this blue canoe and then I looked back at the pictures I had been scrapping of our time at the cottage in 2012 and I saw the blue canoe…my father in laws beloved blue canoe. He goes out in the canoe as much as he can when he is up at their cottage in the summer. He can not wait for the grandkids to get there so he and my husband can take them out in the canoe, each year at the beginning and end of the season he canoes around the lake to see what has changed in the landscape of their little lake in Northern Ontario's cottage country. It is not a trip to the cottage without a ride in grandpa's blue canoe. I could not believe my luck, there was a left over canoe sticker and it was blue, what are the odds? Anyways, this card, while simple reflects the cottage life. The patterned paper remind me of the wood walls and the decks, the simplicity reflects the simple life one leads up at the cottage, and of course the blue is water and the canoe….that is all the wonderful memories that we have of the blue canoe!



The challenge is Country Flair this week, I did deviate a bit but I think it still works. What does Country Flair mean to you? Come check out the work of our design team and the other entries at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

2 comments :

canadian_liner said...

Bring on cottage season! Love your "blue canoe" card...even saying it is so satisfying!

Katy said...

Even though I live in Texas and grew up playing on a Ranch, I'm not a "country" girl either...now this "cottage" life you talk about seems more along my lines...especially if the cottage looks like something out of Better Homes & Gardens...lol.