Monday, May 26, 2014

Nautical Dad - H2H Challenges

Hello and happy Monday to you! It is time for another Heart 2 Heart challenge and this week it is all about being So very Nauti(cool)! It is time to dust off your nautical themed supplies and show us what you got. 

When I thought Nautical I instantly thought of Tommy, a retired CTMH paper pack. I had a few scraps left floating around (get it, floating around?) and decided they would be perfect for this nautical theme. I decided to go with a Father's day card as my dad was in the US Navy and while his military service did not define his life, it did shape him to be the man he turned out to be and that is an awesome man, father, grandfather and he must be a pretty great husband too as he was with my mom for 30 years until she passed and just celebrated his 20th anniversary with my step mom so I will take that as evidence he must be a good husband too!

Anyways, onto the project, bring on the card, show me the card...he he he. As I mentioned, this card is made with Tommy (retired), Cranberry card stock and ink, and C1571 You're the best stamp set. I purposely turned the banners up a bit to make it look like they are flapping in the wind. A simple card but I think the colours make it rather striking. 


I really hope you will join us and play along at H2H this week (remember challenges are monthly not weekly so you do have some time to play along with all the May challenges!

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi



No comments :