Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Love is spoken here! - AHSC #68

It is time for another awesome sketch from the team at AHSC - Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

I decided to try a new technique that I have been seeing around the web using painters tape. It was super easy to do. I will outline the steps:
  • First you want to choose your colour or colours. In this one I used Cotton Candy, Juniper and Slate. 
  • Get your painters tape out and cut it. Depending on your project you do not have to measure it but I did, I wanted to make sure the ink stayed within the circle.
  • Take your tape and ink the sticky side up directly on the ink pad.
  • Adhere to your project in the desired location.
  • Repeat with additional colours. 
  • Once all the colour layers are down put a scrap paper over top and rub down or burnish it to make sure the colour transfers.
  • Gently remove tape.
  • Embellish as desired. 



Products used:

Paper:
- Lollydoodle (retired)
- White Daisy card stock

Stamp:
- D1306 Treasure Life (retired)

Ink:
- Cotton Candy
- Juniper
- Slate

Misc.: (non CTMH)
- Offray White woven ribbon
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles
- Scotch Painters Tape - Blue

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my art work. If you have any questions or need any help with this technique, just let me know, I am always happy to help out!

Brandi

5 comments :

Michelle Stewart said...

Love the colours you chose for this card. Now you have enabled me to run out and grab a roll of painters tape.....I love how this came together....great job.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great job with this technique Brandi. Love the colors and the image.
Cindy

Lauren said...

What a great technique, I will have to try this.

Shari M said...

Love it Brandi. Definite must try here.

Unknown said...

Very pretty. So creative! I learn something new every week! :-)