Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Warm Wishes - AHSC 241

Here is the next card we created in my Beary Christmas workshop. I just adore the sentiment on this card so I wanted to make it the focal point so I matted rather than stamping directly onto the paper.




I also kept this one simple to let the poinsettia paper stand out. Poinsettias are very special to me, my mother who passed away 14 years ago absolutely loved Christmas and especially poinsettias. This paper actually reminded me of a Christmas eve we had that just made my mom so happy. My oldest brother worked at a department store called Gemco (no longer in business, it is now a Target) and he had to work Christmas eve. After closing the store managers told the employees they could take home any of the remaining live Christmas flowers as no one would want them on the 26th once Christmas is over. Most of his friends left empty handed, he was a teenager after all, what teenage boy is going to pick up a poinsettia? My brother sure did and not just one, his manager said take what you want so he took A LOT. We were not home, if I remember correctly we were at my aunts house that night when he got off work and he put them all over our house. I will never forget how beautiful our house looked with all the poinsettias and how absolutely stunned and happy my mom was when she saw what he did. Such a small gesture but instead of going out with his friends, he did this for her. I think of it every year and I must have a poinsettia in my home at Christmas to have a bit of my mom with me over the holidays.

Products Used:

Paper:
- Beary Christmas
- White Daisy, New England Ivy, and Cranberry card stock

Ink:
- New England Ivy

Stamp:
- M1182 Mistletoe Kisses

Embellishments:
- Z3312 Gold Glitter Gems

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my work. I welcome any and all feedback on my designs.

Until next time, happy crafting!
Brandi

No comments :