Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Merry Little Christmas - AHSC 394

 Hello! Back again with another Christmas card from the Comfort and Joy workshop I held and as I often do I used the AHSC sketches for my design inspiration for the workshop! 

I have really enjoyed working on the cards for this workshop as poinsettias were my mothers favourite flower. It was not Christmas until there is a poinsettia in the house for her and it continues with me, she just loved them so very much so I continue the tradition. I always remember one year when my oldest brother Rob was working part time in high school at a department store called Gemco and he had to work Christmas Eve and while he was at work for the closing shift we were all at my Aunt Barbara's house for Christmas festivities and when we got home out entire living and dining room was covered in poinsettias, they were beautiful and EVERYWHERE! When we left for my aunts house we only had one and now there were easily 20-30. My mom shrieked and my brother who was getting ready to go out with friends came running to see what the issue was and she asked where they all came from and my brother said that the managers said if anyone wanted any they could take them because on the 26th they would all be tossed as no one will want them after Christmas. Of course none of his friends wanted any but he made them help him load up his VW bug and bring them home for my mom and poinsettia bomb our house. It was magical and my mom was so happy. Every Christmas when I see a poinsettia I go right back to that night and it brings me happiness when I miss my mom the most! Anyhoots now that I am all teary....onto the project!

Here is the sketch:


And here is what I did with it!



Products Used:

Paper:
-Comfort & Joy
- White Daisy card stock

Ink:
- Evergreen
- Scarlet

Stamps:
- Z3772 Comfort & Hoy - scrapbooking
- B1455 Be Jolly (retired)

Embellishments:
- Clear Sparkles

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I welcome any and all feedback. If you would like help with purchasing any of the products mentioned my post today, please contact your local CTMH Maker. If you do not have a CTMH Maker and are in Canada I can absolutely assist you in ordering. If you are in the United States, New Zealand or Australia, I can help you locate a Maker local to you for ordering. 

To play along with our challenge today at AHSC, simply click here for all the information and entry requirements for this challenge. 

Until next time, happy crafting!

Brandi



2 comments :

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Brandi what a beautiful Christmas Card. I hope you share this with us at Double Trouble as you have met the requirement of "Stitch It Up". Hope to see you there.

lichazul said...

So beautiful cardπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ’
Congrats, hugs