Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1 sketch - 3 layouts part 1

With 3 toddlers at home I find that I do not have the time I used to for scrapbooking so when I sit down I find it helps to have a game plan and lately sketches have helped a lot. My scrapbook area is also in our basement where some many of our girls toys are so I am sharing the space with the little ones and I get interrupted a lot while scrapbooking so I find having a sketch helps me regain my focus after a variety of interruptions from our little angels.

I found a sketch that I really liked on the Basic Grey blog and I wanted to use it for the kiddos Halloween layout. But once I started I had to many pictures to work on the layout as is. One option was just add some additional pictures to the layout as sketches to me are guidelines, I do not feel I need to follow them 100% but I still had to many pictures. So I thought about it some and decided to use the same sketch for layouts for all 3 girls. So I used the same sketch for each of the 3 kiddos and the same paper pack for 2 of the 3 kiddos, I thought that using the same paper and sketch would bring some cohesiveness and bring all the pages together as one but yet mixing the papers up a bit gave them each a unique flair. 

I showed a friend all three layouts and she did not even realize they were the same sketch and that two were the same papers. 

Here is the sketch I used; I did alter it a bit as you will see below:



October 31st


Here are the details on products used on this layout:

Sketch:
- Basic Grey Blog Sketch from August 13, 2012
Paper:
- My Minds Eye - The Spiders Web from 2009 (was hoarding paper!)
     - Pumpkin Patch
     - Cauldron Bubbles
     - Witches Lace
     - Haunted Parlour
Cricut:
- CTMH Art Philosophy
Ink:
- Black Close to my Heart
Stamps:
- Beware D1381
- Thriller D1442



Stay tuned for layout number 2 of the 3 coming soon!

Until next time; Happy Scrappin!
Brandi

No comments :