Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Birthday - H2H Challenges

Our last challenge of November is here and this one is "No Rules - anything goes!" I decided to put my own rule in for this one, nothing feminine. I wanted / needed a masculine card. My father in law is one of my many birthdays in December and I always struggle with the masculine cards so I challenged myself on this one and I am pretty happy with. I also did some random stamping to come up with the patterned paper. This idea came to me at about 2 am as I was trying to get back to sleep after going to the washroom so of course since it kept me up last night I had to try it today. Now typically, when I get an idea in my head it usually never translates well on paper and to my surprise, this one is not to bad, not as good as I hoped but workable!



I stamped the background in Champagne ink on Champagne card stock and then I did the popped up part in Chocolate. I chose this stamp set as my father in laws hobby is wood working and it was purchased with the intent to make cards for him, he always complains he does not golf or fish and 90% of mens cards have golfing or fishing on them so when I saw this set I knew I had to get it for his projects!

Products used:

Paper:
- Champagne card stock
- Bazzill Basics - Sugar Daddy

Ink:
- Chocolate
- Champagne

Stamp:
- C1571 - You're the best
- D1475 - Card Chatter - Birthday (retired)

Embellishments:
- Neutral metallic Bakers Twine


No comments :