Monday, September 28, 2015

Seasons change....H2H challenges

As we move from glorious warm summer to amazingly beautiful fall I am always a bit sad. I love summer, I grew up at the beaches of Southern California, sun bathing daily in the warm sun and sand. I love warm weather, always have and always will! But then in my 30's I moved from the west coast to the east coast and suddenly I was exposed to all 4 seasons. We really only had two in California...hot and hotter! I can actually unequivocally say that I love having 4 seasons and outside of my warm and care free summers I absolutely adore Fall the best.

The fall colours are AMAZING! I love the deep rich reds and oranges in the trees and there is nothing better after a hot hot summer than that crisp chill in the air. There is the new promise of a new school year, the holidays coming at you with Thanksgiving, Halloween (or in the US Halloween then Thanksgiving). The nights getting longer and days getting shorter is one of the negatives but hey you can't have it all can you? 

Today's card really is inspired by my sadness that summer is leaving but my happiness that fall is here (just do not get me started on winter!) 










Products used:

Paper:
- Huntington (retired)
- Olive and Colonial White Yardstick

Stamp:
B1319 Four Seasons

Ink:
- Cocoa

Misc.
- Smooch - I believe the colours I used are Green Apple, Pumpkin, and Pearl.  (not CTMH)

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my work! For more great inspiration check out the H2H blog!

Thanks!
Brandi

1 comment :

Laurie Levorson said...

That's an awesome stamp set and you created an awesome card!