Monday, January 11, 2016

Frozen - H2H Challenges

Let it go.. Let it go....

Oh sorry, I saw Frozen was this weeks challenge at H2H challenges and instantly I heard Elsa singing away, actually it was the 3 little munchkins singing at the top of their lungs but it is the same thing right?

In all seriousness, the theme is Frozen. Do you have a little Elsa, Anna or Olaf? Are you buried in snow and ice? Or do you like Frozen frothy drinks by a pool? We want to see what comes to mind when you think of the word Frozen.

For me, it is cold, winter weather that I am not a fan of. Growing up in a tropical environment has given me a love / hate relationship with these Canadian winters. I love having snow on the ground, I don't even mind the cold weather.....in moderation. Lets not get all crazy now, a month or two, fine, but 4-6 months of it, not such a fan of it. 

Anyhoots, we took our girls to a local lake that they often spend time swimming in during the summer and to their surprise it was Frozen in February. They loved actually running around on the "water" the ice and knowing that in the summer that is where they would be swimming. For me, it was surreal to see snow on sand, frozen water with lighthouses in the distance. It was a fun afternoon outside even though it was bitterly cold!




Products used:

Paper:
- Snowhaven (retired)
- Glacier and Cranberry card stock

Stamp:
- D1658 #makesmehappy

Silhouette Cameo:
- Lake Erie is Frozen hand created by me with free fonts from my computer

Embellishments:
- Frosted Sequins by Stampin Up

We would love to see your creations and your take on our Frozen theme, to play along, visit us at H2H challenges!

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

2 comments :

Ali said...

Here in NS we have the same winters... UGH! Great LO, Brandi- and I LOVE that paper pack- one of my faves for last winter which as you know was "Wildly WINTRY!" Talk about FROZEN! LOL. Great job on your LO-- I love it.

Lauren said...

Great double page layout- I love the bold title!