Thursday, October 15, 2020

Plastic Patterns - Technique Blog Hop

 Hello and welcome to the Plastic Patterns Blog Hop....tonight we are featuring projects using stencils. Tonight we have 10 Close to My Heart makers showcasing artwork using a variety of stencils or "Plastic Patterns" if you are joining me from the uber talented Lauren Moore you are in the correct place. If you are starting the hop at my blog...welcome!



Tonight I stepped way out of my comfort zone on this layout! First I did a one page layout, I am a pretty die hard 2 page layout kinda gal. Next I used a very bold pattern which I got from a Plastic stencil hence my Plastic Pattern. This stencil is from the CTMH Stencil Pack #1 (this was one of my first purchases from the Core Idea Book, I could not wait to get it) and third I used bright bold colours that did not seem to make sense but I just picked 3 colours I liked and figured I would see how they worked together. I was lucky in that my pictures were pretty neutral colour wise. 

So I created this one page layout to remember some final pictures I snapped of my beloved Cocoa, she was my first dog and I adored her. Cocoa knew me so well and she was always there for me when I needed a snuggle buddy, someone to cry with and always full of kisses. She was also my scrapping buddy. When we first got her I had an office/scrap room and I had two desk chairs, one at the desk and one at my scrap table and when I would be scrapping she would come in and jump up in the other desk chair and I would pull it over next to me and she would curl up in it and sleep while I scrapped. Later in life she would curl up at my feet, literally on my feet when my scrap area moved to our basement, it was chilly down there always so I had a blanket and she would curl up in the blanket on my feet. These pictures were taken just a few days before we had to put her down, her health was failing her fast and I could not handle seeing the sadness in her eyes any more, she was in pain and ready. I snapped these pictures knowing I would not have much more time with her and I think she knew we had made the decision because she just seemed to know she would not be sick for much longer, she was just a different girl those last few days. Again, these were taking in my scrap area.....she was my scrap buddy from the beginning to the end! 



I created this pattern using the new to CTMH Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in the colours of Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn and Seedless preserves. I love how vivid the colours are on this layout. I matted the White Daisy on Eggplant and the photos are matted with Green Apple. Lagoon also worked well with the colours of the Distress Ink Oxide.  I cut out the puppy from the CTMH Artistry Cricut collection. 


It is now time to "hop" on over to the ever talented 
Katy Taylor and see what fabulous art work she has for us. If you get lost along the way, please click here to go to the beginning of the hop!

Until next time, happy crafting!
Brandi



6 comments :

Michelle said...

Lovely layout. Your colors are so pretty for that stencil.

Maz said...

Love the use of colour on the stencil with your layout.

Cat Nowak said...

Love the colors you chose with your layout! It looks great!

Alyson Mayo said...

The colours you used make a great mix - I love the photos in the center. Nice work :)

Lauren said...

What a gorgeous layout- I love the bold colours!

Darlys said...

Great layout and such a sweet story. Love the design and colors.