Sunday, April 08, 2012

Party Time!

First things first, Happy Easter to everyone! Now, the reason for my one week departure from blogging...I have been a busy little bee getting ready for a dual party, yesterday we hosted an early Easter dinner and 2nd Birthday party for my little girl! This was our first birthday party since adopting and I wanted it to be uber special so I was busy planning, cleaning, cooking, paper crafting, cleaning, and more prepping!

I did not finish all of my paper crafting goals for the party (where oh where does the time go?) My to do list included hand made party hats, cupcake toppers, Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Banners, and place cards. I got almost everything done, the only project I did not get to was the banners and I will admit that I did not quite finish the place cards, I got them done but did not get time to put names on them.

Here are the cupcakes I made along with the cupcake toppers. The toppers say either 2 or 35 (we also did some for my brother in law who has a birthday this week)

Here is our table (sorry about the shadow, even on full auto my camera often has this happen) You can see the bright and festive party hats all lined up. 


 Here is a close up of the party hats and at the top of the plate you can see a matching little bag, this was supposed to have everyones names on it but ran out of time. Each bag was filled with jelly beans, a hit with the kids of all ages!


Another view of our table (and that darn shadow!)


Materials used:
I have to admit I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my Close to my Heart products and really wanted to use them on these projects (they would have looked even more fabulous then what I have here) but I just could not handle the thought of them getting tossed or ripped up by the little ones, so I went with some stuff from Michaels.

All paper is from the Michaels Recollection line and I used their white card stock and their Bright and Basic paper pack.
The hat template came from this inspiration: http://jonesdesigncompany.com/tutorial/party-hat-tutorial/
The gift bags were cut using my Close to Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (love this cartridge, it really is a must have!)

Now that the party is done and over and the aftermath is cleaned up it is time to get working on my next project, a give away for some croppers at a crop that I will be vending at later this month (trying not to procrastinate) so I hope to get those done this week. I also am going to a day crop so you should be seeing some art work come out of that!

Until next time....happy creating (and Easter!)
Brandi

No comments :