Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy (belated) Father's Day!

Sorry for the delay in posts but I am just getting back into the swing of things after being away at a cottage for 9 glorious days with the family. It was our first official family vacation together and while it had its challenges, we had a great time and are eagerly awaiting our next holiday in the Fall!


So now it is time to get my craft on again. I am going through scrapbook withdrawals big time and have some many projects that I want to work on but time seems to just be so limited when you have 3 little ones under the age of 5 so I just need to find the time and get some me time in one way or another. 


So anyhoots, Father's Day...this is a new one to me, making Father's Day cards for my husband. This was his first Father's day and I wanted to do something special for him. He has recently taking up fishing and is loving it so I wanted to honour his new hobby along with his new status as a "daddy" and came up with this card.




Now I will be honest, I did not think up this idea, I had seen several of these before and even made a similar one for Father's Day a few years ago in orange to symbolize Home Depot vests since that is my Father in Law's all time favorite store, so this is so not an original idea, just a different take and there are many different types of vests out there if you look. My husband just loved the card and I had each of our girls colour a fish I had cut out for them to decorate and by far, those were the highlight for my husband...fisheys from his girls. 


Supplies used:
Cardstock: 
- brand unknown (sorry was in my stash and did not have a manufacturer on it but it was a light tan colour.


Ink: 
Chocolate by Close to my Heart


Stamp: 
- Worlds Greatest Day (retired) Close to my Heart
- Fishing Pole by Stampabilities
- Simple Stitches (retired) Close to my Heart


Thanks for stopping by, until next time...


Happy Scrappin...
Brandi

No comments :