Tuesday, April 29, 2014

AHSC #53 - Love

I am on a quest to use up some of my old paper packs, I have about 40 that I still have quite a bit of paper in it but not enough to do full layouts so it is my quest to rid my scrapbook room of this additional pile of paper and since it would go against everything a scrapbooker would believe in to throw it away I need to use it up so it is my goal to use as much as possible before the new CTMH catalog comes out and I add to my pile. Having said that, you might be seeing a bit of retired products over the next few weeks from me. T

We have a new sketch for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and this card is rather special to me. I have 3 little girls ages 4, 5, and 6 that we are in the process of adopting and all 3 have shown an interest in scrapbooking since joining our family 2.5 years ago but my oldest and youngest have shown the most interest. While I am scrapbooking my oldest always seems to drift over and watch and she will sit with me for hours just watching me scrapbook or make cards but on this one she actually started moving things around and helping me with the placement of things. She stamped (for the first time) all the leaves in Sweet Leaf ink, she used Grey Wool ink to colour the colour seam binding. Her biggest contribution in my mind is that she suggested I colour in the word Love. I was going to leave it blank, just stamped in the Grey Wool ink but she thought I should colour it in and suggested that I do it with the Orange (Creme Brûlée) and the heart in pink (Blush) and she was right, it looked so much better. 

The best thing is when we were done with this card, she got the left over flowers and leaves (I always cut a few extras) and what did she do with them? She made me a card and told me she wants to scrapbook and make cards with me and for me forever because she loves me forever....how does that not just completely melt your heart? 





So here is my card...The paper is Lucy (retired) the stamp set is Girls Rock (which mine do by the way!), the ribbon is the colour seam binding coloured with Grey Wool ink, card stock is Creme Brûlée and Grey Wool and I used the Cricut Art Philosophy to cut out the flowers. And the love was coloured in with Blush and Creme Brûlée using the water colouring pen. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

1 comment :

Michelle Stewart said...

I love the Lucy paper, this is super cute. Great job!