Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mojo Monday #343 - Happy Mother's Day

Hello and happy Wednesday! I have been feeling particularly crafty lately, possibly since I have been so busy and not able to find my scrapbook room but I decided summer is coming and with 3 wee ones home all day, I better get my scrap on now while I can and only have one wee one at home! To help inspire me (make me work quicker) I decided to play along at the Mojo Monday #343. I also decided that I better get on the ball and make a Mother's Day card for my Mother in law since I have not done so in several years. Having lost my mother 20 years ago when I was 23 made it a holiday I do not look forward to every year. But this year I hope to have a great Mother's Day, hopefully all of my wee ones will make it a good day for once (one always has a major meltdown day that day) and well my Mother in law has been AMAZING to our family this year and really a card is the very least I can do for her even though I have my own issues with the holiday, luckily she understands having lost her mother at a similar age. 

Anyways, happy thoughts...I had time to scrap! I made this card based on the sketch below. It was supposed to be tall and skinny and if it was another birthday or thank you card I might have gone that route but I went with a standard card size, I hope they do not mind! Again, I am working to weed out some of my stash so I pulled out the retired paper pack La Belle Vie from Close to My Heart, I think it worked perfect for this sketch and for a Mother's Day card. I also stepped out of my comfort zone and added flowers, in case you all have not noticed, I am not a frilly ribbony and flowery type, I tend to keep it clean and simple with little to no frufru!



Products Used:

Paper
- La Belle Vie (retired)

Ink
- Cocoa

Stamp
- D1560 - Holiday Tags

Misc.
- Creative Cafe Pearl Brad by Creative Imaginations
- Pearls by Kaiser Crafts
- Flowers are unknown, I believe Prima

Thanks for stopping by and having a gander at my work!
Brandi

1 comment :

Kathleen said...

Great MojoMonday!! Love these papers!!