Sunday, November 02, 2014

Target loves Canada - H2H Challenge

When the news broke that Target was coming to Canada I was so very excited. One of my favourite stores when I was home was Target and I will go on the record saying I spent WAY to much money there. 

I knew Target was coming but when I stumbled across a news article saying that the very first store had opened in Canada that day, in Guelph I had to go. It did not matter that the drive was over an hour long, I had to go. But NO, the husband said I could not go; not because he was being mean, it was just to late, the kids would be getting home from school and he had to get to work so unfortunately I would have to wait to get my Canadian Target fix. 

It took me a few days but I finally got to get to Guelph and to the first Target in Canada. The girls and I snuck away on the Friday of March Break week and we headed off to one of my favourite scrapbook stores in Cambridge and then off to TARGET! OMG OMG OMG....Target!

While there were some empty shelves and consumer complaints, I was the happiest girl ever. Then I got home and got word that the two local Target stores in my town were opening the following week so the happiness continued as there was going to be a Target just down the street from me once again....oh happy time! It has been over a year now has been in Canada, I am still a happy girl and it is my go to store for just about everything!


You will notice that this layout does not have any B&T (patterned) papers. The challenge for the November Scrapbook Challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is no B&T papers. The title of my page is Target loves Canada. The Bullseye, heart and flag were part of their advertising campaign before opening here and since I love Target it seemed fitting. I made the bullseye using the Cricut Art Philosophy and the flag was made with a punch and my paper trimmer. 

Products used:

Paper:
- Card stock: White Daisy and Ruby

Cricut:

Shimmer Trim:
- Red, Black and Silver

Washi Tape:

Punches:
- Maple Leaf (EK Success)
- Scalloped Border (Stampin Up!)

Thanks for stopping by and it is not to late to join us over at the H2H Challenges!

Brandi

No comments :