Monday, January 19, 2015

H2H - Love you!

Love is in the air! It is time to start planning my workshop for Valentines day. I personally do not have a huge need for Valentine's cards for adults, kids on the other hand I will need close to 70 of them which I am not looking forward to! But I digress, in preparing a workshop for February I have to be aware that the major holiday is Valentines Day but yet not everyone needs 4-5 adult Valentine cards. So while working on this workshop I am trying to mix up the stamp sets and make it so the cards can be adapted by changing a saying here or there to be used for different occasions if my customers are like me and do not have a huge need for Valentine cards. 

This card is a perfect example of what I am trying to do. While the sentiment does say I love you, it does not have to be for Valentines day, it could be for a friend or a family member who is going through a tough time and just needs a reminder that they are loved. I also used a stamp set that has many different sayings that can go with it so my customers will be able to change up the card to fit their needs and I love that!




Here is a glimpse of the set and the many different options my customers can chose from when mixing up this card to meet their needs. 


When making this card I also focused on the Lagoon rather than the Cranberry or Hollyhock so that it would not scream Valentine. This focus on the Lagoon helped me to meet this weeks challenge at Heart to Heart Challenges. The challenge this week is a colour challenge and we are challenging you to use the colour that correspondence with your birth month according to this list:

Jan.- Glacier                    May- Topiary                     Sep.- Cranberry
Feb.- Pixie                       Jun.- Lagoon                     Oct.- Sunset

Mar.- Thistle                    Jul.- Pacifica                      Nov.- Cocoa
Apr.- Slate                       Aug.- Honey                      Dec.- Ponderosa Pine

I must also admit to being inspired by a fellow Close to my Heart consultant when making this card. I did mix things up a bit, but the basics of the card I must give credit to Tina Lovell 

Products Used:

Paper:
- White Daisy, Cranberry, and Lagoon card stock

Stamp Set:

Ink:

Embellishments:









1 comment :

Nikka Geers said...

Love the lagoon as the main color for a valentines card. I need to play with that stamp set.