Monday, September 24, 2018

Sweet Treats - a H2H Challenge

Today on the blog I have a treat for you, sweet treat to be exact. Our theme this week at Heart 2 Heart challenges is Sweet Treats. I knew I wanted to use the current Stamp of the Month, Sweet Treats but I also wanted to play with our new texture paste. So I found an image I wanted to try and I played around while the kids were off playing with their friends and this is what I came up with! 


 .
This is the front of the card. I cut the tree and bats out using my Silhouette and used the negative space to create a template. I died the texture paste black by rubbing my black ink pad on a non stick mat and mixing them together. From there I just spread it all around and until I had enough texture and thickness to my liking and making sure non of the orange was showing through. I did the same with the crescent moon using Saffron ink. 




On the inside, I stamped the September Stamp of the Month, Sweet Treats in black and Sunset and cut out the word just to add to the black one. I added some orange with my Marigold Shin Han Twin Touch marker and used a dot stamp set (also on the SOTM) to add a bit more colour (orange) to the stamped image. 

Products Used:

Paper:
- Black, Sunset (retired), and White Daisy card stock

Stamp:
- S1809 Just Treats
- Cats & Bats Card Making (retired) & Thin Cuts

Ink:
- Black, Saffron, and Sunset (retired)
- Marigold Shin Han Twin Touch

Misc:
- Texture paste
- SIlhouette Cameo
     - Halloween Spooky Tree Bats by Jamie Koay
     - Flying Bats by Sarah Hurley

Thanks for stopping by, we would love to have you play along with us at H2H Challenges. To join us, click here

Until next time, happy crafting!
Brandi





No comments :