Monday, February 04, 2019

Amish Cinnamon Bread - H2H Recipe challenge

Hello! Happy Monday to you all. Today at H2H Challenges we have a recipe challenge for you. The recipe can be an actual cooking type of recipe, a sketch or challenge recipe type, or anything that requires you to follow a "recipe."

I chose to do an actual recipe, see I bought the Cut Above Recipe Kit - Kitchen Traditions about 6 months ago and the Holiday version from the Holiday Expressions Idea Book and I have not touched it yet. So this was the perfect opportunity to get it out and get started documenting our recipes.

I chose a family favourite and one I knew had pictures of one of my daughters helping me make and that is my husband's favourite...Amish Cinnamon Bread. 






Products Used:

- Z4168 Cut Above Recipe Kit - Kitchen Traditions
- White Daisy card stock
- D1770 Kitchen Traditions stamp set
- Z2105 Black Ink
- Black Cricut Pen


Now that I have this one done and in the album I am committing myself to writing out one recipe per week, this keeps it manageable and less daunting of a project. I also have some family members that I will be asking to write out the recipes that they make that our family favourites. I wish I had some of my moms old recipes that she made all the time but never had written down and now that is gone for over 20 years memories are fading and it would be awesome to have those memories in her writing to hand down to my girls. While I missed the opportunity with my mom, I will not miss anymore. I will also be having my girls write out their own favourites that we make when I teach them how to make our family favourites.

Until next time, happy crafting!
Brandi

1 comment :

Paper Crafting With Rebecca said...

As your recipes collection grows it will most certainly become a family treasure! I like what you’ve done so far, it came out great!