Friday, January 15, 2021

Striped Borders Blog Hop

 Hello and welcome to the Close to My Heart Technique blog hop. Tonight consultants from all over will be showcasing project they created using Striped borders. Tonight we take borders, zip strips, scraps, stamps, all to make a striped border in our projects.  If you are joining me from Melissa Robinson you are in the right spot! If you are starting at my blog, welcome! If you get lost along the way and you need to start over, click here to go back to the beginning and for a full list of the hop participants.



For my project I created a Birthday card using our Mix in papers. I was not 100% sure what I was going to do or make but just started playing with the paper pack and letting it go where it took me. I did know I wanted to include some stamping on it and I found this cute little present and some hearts on the Winter Penguins set and thought that would make a great birthday present. So I did some random stamping, I had some space so I added the little pine needles in to bring some green in as I had enough hearts already. I coloured it using my water blending pen and ink from the ink pads. I really love how it turned out. I finished it off with some Gold Glitter Gems. For a full list of products used, see below.




Products used:

Paper:
- X9023 Mix In (Jan-Feb)
- White Daisy card stock

Ink:
- Canary, Toffee, Avocado, Espresso, and Peach
- Black Memento

Stamps:
- D1960 On Your Birthday
- Z3917 Winter Penguins

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I welcome any and all feedback. If you would like help with purchasing any of the products mentioned my post today, please contact your local CTMH Maker. If you do not have a CTMH Maker and are in Canada I can absolutely assist you in ordering. If you are in the United States, New Zealand or Australia, I can help you locate a Maker local to you for ordering. 

 

It is now time to "hop" on over to the ever talented Cat Nowak and see what creative treat she has for us tonight!

 

Until next time, happy crafting!

Brandi

8 comments :

Melissa Robinson said...

Ooh... I love this AND the colors! Great job!

Haley D. said...

What a fun birthday card! Too cute!

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cute - love the colour scheme you used!

Wendy K. said...

Super cute card! I love how you random stamped the piece of paper to look like patterned paper that matches perfectly with your stamped accent!!

~Michelle said...

What an adorable card! I love the random stamping in the middle!

Michelle said...

Love your background of colorful borders!

Cat Nowak said...

I really love this birthday card!

Lauren said...

I love the colour combination of this card!