Monday, June 13, 2016

Ties that bind - H2H Challenge

This week I am going a bit old school and using up some retired papers to make my husband a Father's Day card. I realize I am not his daughter and he is not my father but I want to let him know that I appreciate that he is an awesome father to our girls and that they are lucky to have him!

My husband loves fishing and is fairly new at it, only been fishing a few years so he is still learning. Outside of that he does not have any hobbies or anything....so lucky me some fishing stuff from about a year ago and I hoarded it for sure!

The theme for this weeks challenge from Heart to Heart is the Ties that bind. Again, husband does not wear ties, so that is not going to happen on his card but I did use some hemp and braided it to "bind" it together...3 strands of time...3 daughters. 



I also used a new technique (to me at least) of inking an embossing folder to get the wood grain look on the Colonial White card stock. Here is a video for that if your not sure how to do it!





Products Used:

Paper:
- Timberline (retired)
- Colonial White card stock

Stamp:
- D1580 Catch you later

Ink:
- Ponderosa Pine (retired)
- Cocoa

Misc:
- Z1705 Durables Squae
- Z1996 Wood Grain Embossing Folder
- Twine (Stampin Up)

Please join us over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. We would love to see what you come up with for the challenge...Ties that bind!

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time...Happy Scrapping!
Brandi

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Love the card!