Friday, March 01, 2013

Merci

Merci!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog today. It is Friday (YIPPEE) and we have survived another week, congrats one and all. Today's card is a Thank You card, next to birthday cards, thank you cards are some of the most used, outside of December when it is obviously Holiday cards. I made this quick and simple holiday card featuring our Buzz and Bumble paper pack for my March workshops. 

I tried something new to me on this card, if you look closely at the centre of the yo-yo where I have stamped Merci you will see that it is stamped in Sunset but looks a little dirty. It is not actually dirty, I inked up my image in Sunset and then I sponged some Cocoa around the edges and all around the stamp to create a bit of a tie die affect. It did not photograph very well but looks really cool in person. The fun thing about this is that you can make the affect as bold or as mild as you like, it is all personal preference. 


If you have any questions on how to use this technique or anything you see on my blog, just let me know. 

Products used(all CTMH unless otherwise noted):

Paper - 
Buzz and Bumble 
Colonial White, Cocoa, and Sunset Card stock

Inks - 
Sunset and Cocoa

Stamp Set - 
Thank You - D1361

Other - 
Cricut Artiste

No comments :