Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Birthday - Claire

So I am a bit of a worry wart and as a result of this I am not always happy with my creative work and often times it does not feel worthy of being shown or in this most recent case of doubting my creative talents being done as a workshop card. I had a workshop this last Saturday night featuring some of the cards I have made and posted recently using the now retired Claire paper pack and one of them was just not sitting well with me, it is a very cute patchwork thank you card and there was really nothing wrong with it but it also did not teach anything new. 

So, leave it to me on the eve of my workshop to come up with something completely new and from scratch and I am so glad I did. I was so happy with the results. I made this adorable (well that is subjective, but I think it is adorable) gift card holder with a band closure. 


Here is a look at the inside of the gift card holder (like the card, the first thing I found was my husband's fishing license...think he would like a Bass Pro gift card in here? I think he would, he would not even notice the frilly outside...lol!)



And here is a close up of the band closure I did. The seam is behind the flower and the birthday stamp to hide it and provide the back a flush look. 



I provide the guests at my workshops the ability to customize and change things up as they would like to, I let them customize the inside with a variety of birthday stamps and one participant even changed hers to a thank you gift card holder!

This is one time I am so glad I second guessed myself and changed things up at the last minute!

Products used:

Paper:
- Claire
- Outdoor Denim, Hollyhock, and White Daisy card stock

Ink:
-Outdoor Denim and Hollyhock

Stamps:
- C1538 Girls Rock
- B1417 Perfect Fit - Birthday

Cricut:
- Artiste
- Art Philosophy

Thanks for stopping by!
Brandi

No comments :