Saturday, January 01, 2022

Sweetest Little Things - SOTM Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the first blog hop of 2022! Tonight we are featuring the CTMH Stamp of the Month for January which is titled Sweet Little Things. If you are joining me from Michelle Loncar from Show and Tell with Michelle you are in the right place! If you are starting here with me, welcome to go through the blog hop all you need to do is click the links at the bottom of each blog post to see how my fellow consultants are using this stamp of the month. 





Now onto the project! I created this card using the Sweet Little Things stamp set. I had no plan in mind, I just played with it and and did what felt right. I wanted to keep it simple. I used Peach card stocks and scored the paper every 1/2 inch and sanded it to bring out the distressed look. I added some of the Jan-Feb Mix in paper which is matted in White Daisy card stock. I used a blending brush to add Glacier (for the sky) and Sage (for the grass) with blending brushes. 

I stamped the bunnies in our Intense Black ink as I was not sure if I was going to use alcohol markers or water colour pencils, I opted for a softer look and went with the water colour pencils. After colouring the sweet bunnies I fussy cut them out and used foam tapes popping them up. I let the card sit for a day or so to see if I felt it needed more but I really liked the simplicity of this one. 





6 comments :

Michelle said...

Love your card and design. Fantastic job on the fussy cutting!

Haley D. said...

Very sweet! Beautiful fussy cutting too!

Becca-expressions said...

LOVE this!! Your colors are so pretty together, and the scoring and distressing is a perfect touch to create interest without overwhelming.

Kim Loewen said...

What a beautiful card. I love the simplicity of it, your fussy cutting is amazing. The scoring & sanding technique is a favourite of mine too.

Cat Nowak said...

Great card! I love the soft colors and your peach scored background.

Katy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card, Brandi! The texture of the peach cardstock - the polka dot Mix-In - the softness of the coloring...ADORABLE!